Effective July 2020
Safe Piping Matters is committed to keeping your e-mail address and private information confidential. We do not sell, rent, or lease to third parties the emails of site visitors or members.
Welcome to Safe Piping Matters.org.
This website is provided as a service of The Safe Piping Coalition.
- Description of Service. SafePipingMatters.org consists of several sections and pages, some of which are restricted for use by operators of the Site.
- Intellectual Property. All contents and design of the Site, including trademarks, logos, trade names, documents, databases, graphic representation, sections, text copy, photos, and otherwise are the property of Safe Piping Matters or are used by Safe Piping Matters with legal permission, and are protected under U.S. and international copyright and trademark laws whether or not a notice of copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights appears on the screen which displays information. Except as otherwise instructed, visitors and users of the Site are permitted to save and use the information within the Site strictly for personal or other noncommercial or educational purposes. No other use of said content is permitted without written consent from Safe Piping Matters – including use without limitation, reproduction, and retransmission or editing. To contact Safe Piping Matters for permissions, please e-mail email@example.com.
- Limitation of Liability. Safe Piping Matters and its operators – including writers, members, designers, directors, staff, and so forth, in no event shall be liable for any damages of any kind including, without limitation, any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages, regardless of whether or not advised of the possibility of said damages, and on any theory of liability whatsoever, arising out of, or in connection with, the use or performance of the Site or any content appearing on the Site.
- Disclaimer. Safe Piping Matters makes no warranty, guaranty, or representation regarding the accuracy, content, completeness, reliability, operability, or legality of the information contained within the Site. This includes, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, and non-infringement of propriety rights. All of the information, opinions, recommendations, rhetoric, and so forth presented within the site are for general, public information only. The information found on the Site should not be considered as medical, health, or safety advice and is not intended to replace consultation with a qualified physician or building code inspector. Unless specifically stated otherwise, Safe Piping Matters does not endorse, approve, recommend, or certify any information, product, process, service, or organization presented or mentioned on the Site. Information on the Site should not be referenced in any way to imply an approval for any of the aforementioned products, processes, services, or organizations. Safe Piping Matters does not many any warranty that the Site, or the server making it available, is free from viruses, worms, or other elements or codes that can cause contamination or destruction to user and visitor devices. Safe Piping Matters disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, reliance on, or inability to use, the Site or the information presented within the Site. In a jurisdiction that does not permit such a disclaimer of liability, Safe Piping Matters’ liability shall be limited to the greatest extent allowed by applicable law.
- Links. Links or pointers connecting to the Site with other Internet site are provided solely as a courtesy and do not imply, neither directly nor indirectly, the sponsorship, endorsement, collaboration with, or approval by Safe Piping Matters of the linked site, the organization or individual operating or representing said linked site, or any product, service, individual, or organization referenced within the linked site. Any Web site holding an address (or URL) that does not contain “SafePipingMatters.org” is a linked Web site, and the content therein (on any linked site) does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards, or policies of Safe Piping Matters. Safe Piping Matters has no control over any content, at all, within any linked sites, and as thus, Safe Piping Matters is not responsible for said content on any linked site, any links within a linked site, any changes or updates to said site(s), or the compliance with applicable laws of such linked sides.
- DMCA Notice and Takedown Procedures. Safe Piping Matters abides by the federal Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by providing response to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the DMCA and other applicable laws. In the event in which a claim of infringement is made regarding content and/or materials within the Site, Safe Piping Matters may remove or disable access to said material or content in part of the aforementioned response and abidance to the DMCA. In such a case, Safe Piping Matters will make a good-faith attempt to contact the individual, organization, or entity who submitted the affected material and/or content so that individual or organization may make a counter notification in accordance with the DMCA. By posting materials to the Site, the posting party represents and warrants that he or she or they owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received proper permission(s) from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Safe Piping Matters and users of the Site the nonexclusive, unrestricted, royalty-free right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material. Anyone who believes that material posted to Safe Piping Matters infringes on his or her or their copyrighted work or intellectual property should (and is encouraged to) email firstname.lastname@example.org and request the removal thereof.
- Choice of Law and Forum. This Agreement is entered into and performed in the State of NEW YORK, United States of America, and is governed by the laws of NEW YORK, exclusive of its choice of law or conflict of laws and provisions. In any claim or action directly or indirectly arising under this Agreement or related to SafePipingMatters.org, each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the state courts located in NEW YORK, NEW YORK, or United States District Court, whichever has jurisdiction, and each party waives and jurisdictional venue or inconvenient forum objections to such court.